Sunday, September 14, 2008

Funny story..

I made my 5yr old cry. But first, anyone interested in a couple of 23 month old-ish kids? 50$ (as per the sticker above Lili head) Kidding, of course. We do however have a futon in our garage that's available for that price.


We had a garage sale on Saturday, purging our of house or baby stuff - yes, we're done with babies. A woman bought our baby gate. Celeste was very concerned (in French) "But mom, what are we going to do when I have a baby?"


Me (laughing): "Sweetie, one day, you're going to meet a nice man, you're going to fall in love, get married, move to a house of your own, have a baby (kinda glossed over that point) and you'll buy a baby gate of your own".


Well, apparently, that wasn't what she wanted to hear. She got the biggest quivering lower lip you've ever seen in your life then burst out crying: "But mommy, I never ever want to leave you, don't tell me I have to leave you!"


Me: "Honey, it's okay, stop crying, silly"


Celeste: "Tell me you're joking!"


Me: "Okay, okay, you can stay here"


Marc: "..but you and your husband better be paying rent" (no word of lie, that's what he said)

1 comment:

KindredEsprit said...

hahahaha!!! trops cute!!!

Cristina