Saturday, September 6, 2008

Celeste's first day of school

Lili one morning insisted on having breakfast with her dolls.

Well, Friday the 5th of September was the first day of our first born's introduction to school. We had a bit of a hiccup as she missed the bus - it was 12 minutes early! To be honest, I'm happy she missed it. I think I've been more stressed out about her taking the bus then anything else. I had asked her the other day: "For your first day, it would be my pleasure to drive you to school so that you can get used to it or (in a very small voice) you can take the bus." And of course, she absolutely wanted to take the bus.

I wanted to get a picture of her and her sister while waiting for the bus. She hasn't even gone to school one day and already the attitude is starting..sigh.

So since we missed the bus (oh, darn) I drove her to school. She had a bit of a quivering lower lip as I was leaving (it probably didn't help that I did to) but I told her: "Salut, poilu" (Good-bye, hairy - the translation isn't quite as funny) she said the same to me and all the kids laughed and so did she - so I quickly left on that note. And after I closed the door behind me, I proceeded to bawl my eyes out.

So, she took the bus on the way home. Now I was totally stressed that she would get off at the wrong bus stop (since she hadn't taken the bus that morning and the bus driver didn't know who she was) or maybe she didn't get on the bus at school or... Marc often says he doesn't know how I live in my brain, I worry so much. Anyway, his expression below says it all.

And yes, she made it home after all. She was on the bus. She got off at the right stop. She had a great day. She made friends. She loved it.

I survived it too.

No comments: