Saturday, August 9, 2008

Soulier!


Our cutie pies.



Cel and I went and hung out at Assiniboine Park this week. We first went to the Leo Mol sculpture garden however we quickly decided it wasn't our cup of tea. Celeste wasn't crazy about it because there were no play structures and me because there were tons of bees.

Celeste took this pic of me.

So we went to the zoo instead. By the way, I now know the meaning of "monkey love", if you get my drift. I'm just glad Cel didn't notice.

On Saturday, we went to St Malo beach. Gorgeous day. On our way to the beach, we stopped at "Le bebe rouge", which is little take-out place just outside St Pierre. Fantastic fries and burgers plus they have something I've never seen before - multiple flavours of soft ice cream. Hmmmmmmmm...

And while we were eating there, which was at a picnic table outside, Celeste suddenly says "soulier" a few times. Marc and I looked at her and kind of dismissed it but we had heard her say that a few times at other occasions. Then she said again: "soulier, soulier". So I asked her, why do you keep saying soulier Celeste? And this was her answer(translation to follow): ben, maman, il y a des mouches tout partout, and en anglais on dit "shoe" (as in, "shoo fly") alors en francais, on dit "soulier, soulier". Celeste was trying to "shoe" away the flies by saying the french word for shoe, which is "soulier". Marc and I laughed soooo hard we were choking on our food and we both had tears running down our faces.

No comments: